Factory Witness Testing
Standard PCX Factory Witness Testing includes the Mechanical & Electrical Systems (MES), cabling, cooling, power, and fire systems to be thoroughly checked at PCX’s facility prior to shipment. Factory Witness Testing significantly reduces risk and insures that internal equipment is fully operational. Functional testing is broken down by system – based on the actual system components – testing is modified to optimally test the system – actual testing is based on agreed test plan.
- Cabling and Power
- Hi-Pot testing
- Breaker operations and sizing
- Panel energization and connections
- HVAC checkout – including heat load test (if applicable)
- Sequence of Operations
- Pressurized air for mechaniacl piping
- Interlocks (EPO and FSS)
Fire Suppression testing:
- Interlocks (EPO and HVAC)
- UPS startup and checkout is performed by the UPS supplier – PCX coordinates UPS testing with the customer.
- Paralleling equipment and sequencing is not included, however PCX can assist the equipment supplier’s startup technicians.
- Performance and validation testing is defined by the agreed upon test plan, and not included but available upon request.
- Maximum ampacity for load testing of a single system is 800A @ 480VAC.
- Other voltages can be tested, but would require a generator at a rental fee.
- Chiller and water testing is not included.
- When water is required for heat load testing, it is not included.